Careers at Showman
Showman Fabricators is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is always looking for ambitious qualified individuals in a wide range of positions. Those positions include but are not limited to: Shop floor personnel, engineering, project management, graphics, marketing, accounting and account executives. All inquiries and resumes with cover letters should be sent to:
148 East 5th Street Bayonne, NJ 07002
EASILY ACCESSIBLE BY PATH, LIGHT RAIL, CAR, OR BUS
Showman Fabricators is actively seeking an experienced and an entry level Project Manager. Our ideal candidate will be equally comfortable focusing on a variety of project types, such as Television, Broadway, Live Events, Exhibits, Art Fabrication, and other non-traditional markets. For a sampling of the types of projects we do, please visit www.showfab.com.
The PM position at Showman is the primary client contact and handles
· Client Acquisition & Developing Sales Leads
· Initial Bidding
· Identifying and Providing Value Engineering Options
· Closing the Deal
· Coordinating internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various departments
· Leading the Showman team on executing the projects, coordinating with other trades, managing the designer, tracking the budget, tracking schedule, coordinating on-site installations, project close out, and more.
· Utilization of industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
The ideal candidate has...
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in entertainment fabrication
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work productively under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAGE100 Contractor, and ACAD are a plus
- Strong desire to be part of a dedicated team that is committed to fabricating the very best scenery for our clients.
Salary will be negotiated based on experience. In addition to the option to participate in a 401K and healthcare plans, an entry level PM can expect a salary range of $60K - $75K per year, an experienced PM can expect a salary range starting at $95K.
Showman is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested in applying, please email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Showman can start you off on what could turn out to be a career in the scenery business. An internship at Showman will expose you to state of the art techniques and currently employed industry practices while working side by side with some of the business’s best artisans. On any given day you could be working on a Broadway set, a game show, a cooking show, a sports program, a corporate display or a national tour.
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants must have recently received a degree in technical theater or related program, or are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, or have a combination of education and experience related to technical and/or design development in theater or entertainment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Please be available for a full time commitment of 8-26 weeks.
How to apply:
Fill out the online application using the link below. When complete, send an email including your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The utilization of state of the art Laser, Waterjet, Router and Press Brake machinery. Daily maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems. The operation of lifting assistance systems such as chain hoists, winches, and vacuum lifting apparatus. Troubleshooting of files and NC code through machine and software interfaces. Communicating with Shop craftsmen, engineers and team leaders to adapt to changes in project criteria.
Required Skills and Experience:
Must be capable of safe machine operation and maintenance. Familiarity with CNC equipment, G-Code, mechanical sytems, and materials is a plus, but not required. Basic computer skills a must. Familiarity with CAD and CAM software packages such as AutoCad, Inventor, Solidworks, Sigmanest, Enroute, Artcam, and Illustratoris a plus, but not required. Must be capable of lifting and spending long days on your feet. Must be willing to work 8 – 14 hours a day, weekend work is frequent. Night shift duties may also be required. Must be highly organized, team player, capable of troubleshooting frequently and adapting to quickly changing project demands.
Graphics Production Manager
Showman Fabricators is actively seeking an experienced Graphics Production Manager. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable with Adobe
Design Suite (illustrator, photoshop, inDesign), color management, and prepping files for production, managing a production crew, and maintaining equipment. This is a small department and the Graphics Production Manager will do equal parts as part of the crew producing graphics as well as overseeing the department’s crew and needs.
The Graphics Production Manager position at Showman handles:
• Processing Client files and preparing them for production
• Producing high quality prints and application of graphics on a variety of substrates
• Managing and maintaining equipment and software including SwissQ Large Format UV Flatbed printer, Large format Resin printer, Laminator, Vinyl Plotter, and Rip stations
• Managing a graphics production crew, allocating responsibilities and time management
• Coordinating, in collaboration with project staff from various departments, to ensure jobs get completed on schedule.
• Working with other production vendors and installers, overseeing information exchange and quality control
• Providing cost analysis and time estimation for bidding purposes
• Recommending best processes and materials to achieve designers aesthetic
• Ordering materials for production and daily needs of the department
• Utilization of industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
• On site installation of graphics in the metro NY area
The ideal candidate has:
• Has 5+ years in Graphics Pre-production and Production
• Has a background in entertainment fabrication a plus
• Ability to work nights, or weekends when necessary
• Able to travel to NYC for install
• OSHA 30 a plus
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work productively under pressure
• Expert in Mac, Adobe Design Software
Job Type: Full-Time Hourly